over 1 year ago
We are looking for an excellent, German-qualified Corporate/M&A lawyer with deep understanding of examination, drafting and negotiation of (inter)national contracts, monitoring of M&A transactions and project for a world leader in railway infrastructure company located in the Dortmund Area, Germany.
The company is a SDAX listed, technology leader and engineering group in the rail infrastructure sector. It is willing and able to drive the digitalisation of rail networks and is investing in new products and solutions.
The newly created position of Senior Legal Counsel will support and advise management and specialist departments of the Group and its subsidiaries in all corporate and commercial law matters.
In addition, you will support M&A transactions and project work,, and provide guidance to the M&A business team. Furthermore, you will handle all corporate housekeeping matters and corporate governance topics, for example, preparation of the general meeting or drafting of ad-hoc announcements, in addition to the coordination and management of external law firms in Germany, and abroad, including forensic activities.
You will also drive and support new company activities and projects, such as developing the next generation of digital rail products.
The ideal profile:
- German-qualified lawyer with a strong academic background
- 4+ years of experience in Corporate/M&A, Corporate Housekeeping and Contract Law; experience in stock corporation and Capital Market Law advantageous
- Relevant professional experience through work in an internationally oriented commercial law firm and/or an internationally operating industrial company
- Strong communication and team skills, as well as professionalism and confident appearance
- Proactive and independent way of working, hands-on mentality and a comprehensive economic understanding
- Fluent in English, further foreign language skills desirable
Accordingly, applicants should have a high level of motivation and initiative and be willing to take responsibility early on.
- Proximity to decision makers.
- Flat hierarchies, pleasant working atmosphere, high motivation.
- Internationality and interdisciplinary.
- Assumption of responsibility within the framework of (inter)national projects
- Support for professional and personal development.
- Attractive, performance-related remuneration package.