about 2 months ago
Our client operates a world-leading cryptocurrency exchange. We are currently looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to lead the Data Privacy LATAM team and join an environment with great career development opportunities.
- Provide legal advice on data privacy requirements to support the business globally;
- Develop, implement and review data privacy policies and programmes to ensure data privacy compliance for personal information collection, processing, transfer and disclosure (including the GDPR);
- Facilitate compliance across all aspects of global privacy laws and regulations including data protection, data security and data breach rules;
- Draft, review, negotiate and administer legal and commercial documentation, in particular in relation to personal data transfers to third parties and cross-jurisdiction;
- Actively manage external counsel on contentious and non-contentious privacy-related projects internationally;
- Continuously monitor data privacy developments and provide practical advice to the relevant stakeholders;
- Support the development and implementation of legal strategy to reduce risks while balancing against the organization’s overall business strategy;
- Assist in negotiation of contracts for different business lines in the ecosystem, and support in a variety of risk management projects;
- Partner with cross-functional and regional teams and provide support on legal matters of varying complexity, sensitivity, and tangibility;
- Provide general support to the legal team.
- Qualified lawyer in data privacy with 5-7 years of experience at a reputable global law firm and/or as in-house counsel;
- Good knowledge of data privacy laws (especially GDPR) is essential;
- Experience dealing with data privacy laws beyond GDPR a plus;
- Experience with developing data privacy policies and processes;
- Experience with handling regulatory inquiries, requests for information and investigations;
- Interest in the cryptocurrency industry and its development;
- Master of Laws or Juris Doctor degree from a top law school;
- Strong team player and good business sense;
- Fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish.