28 days ago
Laurence Simons has been retained by a leading Financial Institution for their EMEA, Head of Data Privacy search. The role is to be based in Frankfurt, London or Edinburgh. This position will have a role in setting strategic direction on privacy, establish and pverseeing compliance with privacy policies and procedures, working closely with IT security personnel on data security and data incidents, maintaining detailed awareness of legal and enviromental developements in privacy, and ensuring that the compnay comply with applicabel legal, reguatory, contractual and organizational requirements relating to data
- Serve as a privacy matter expert on the collection, processing, use, disclosure and maintenact of personal data, with a primary focus on European jurisdictions.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable European and international privacy and cybersecurity laws and standards, and monitor new developments to facilitate organizational
- adaptation and compliance.
- Collaborate with and assist the business and technology teams to develop corrective action plans for identified data privacy and cyber-security issues.
- Assist the business in conducting and documenting privacy impact assessments for relevant products and services.
- Oversee, direct and assist with delivery of privacy training in Europe and other international markets to company
- Work closely with marketing departments to comply with relevant European privacyrelated marketing requirements and directives, as well as with internal policies.
- Support incident responce team for incidents or breaches involving personal and confidential data
- The company is a leading provider of credit ratings, research, and risk analysis.
- Our Client's commitment and expertise contributes to transparent and integrated financial markets.
- The firm's ratings and analysis track debt covering more than 135 sovereign nations, approximately 5,000 non-financial corporate issuers, 4,000 financial institutions issuers, 18,000 public finance issuers, 11,000 structured finance transactions, and 1,000 infrastructure and project finance issuers.
- Law degree from a well-respected university and legal qualification / common law or other civil law legal qualification.
- Deep working knowledge of current European Union and international privacy and cybersecurity laws, the General Data Protection Regulation and industry standard contractual requirements and regulations pertaining to data privacy and security.
- Experience managing privacy programs from inception to operation, including privacy risk and compliance management, metrics tracking, privacy training development and
- deployment, and incident management.
- Strong technical understanding relating to IT environments, cloud computing and the online space (e.g., social media, cookies, mobile apps, big data analytics, etc.), with
- particular focus on how these technologies are used to communicate, collect, use and / or share personal data.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and desire to work as part of a global team in a fast paced environment.
- Strong project management skills with proficiency in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrable track-record in a role focused on data privacy / protection compliance.
- Ideally has a recognized certification in privacy and data protection (CIPP, CIPM or CIPT), and recognized certification in information security (CISSP, CISM) is a plus
- Proficiency in written and spoken business English is mandatory, additional language skills in French and / or German are a plus.
- Prior experience in the financial services / business information provider industries or B2B industry is an advantage.