about 2 months ago
Our client is a world-leading internet and technology company. We are currently looking for a Head of Legal in Latin America to support a newly formed team in game development and advise game publishing groups as they operate in various territories.
- Provide advice on a wide range of legal and business matters in the areas of development, licensing, technology, operations, marketing, policy, governance, and publishing;
- Draft and negotiate complex international licensing agreements, distribution agreements, professional services agreements, content development agreements, and other general commercial agreements;
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of policies, forms, trainings, and processes to ensure operational efficiency and compliance with US, European, and other international laws and regulations;
- Collaborate with external counsel and other in-house counsel based around the world, including in mainland China, Hong Kong, EU, and the US;
- Develop creative solutions to support business needs while mitigating risk in a constantly evolving industry.
- Seven or more years of experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department, providing services to video game, technology, entertainment, or similar clients;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Broad experience with Intellectual Property and corporate transactions work;
- Ability to work independently to manage the entire contract process from initial contact through negotiation and execution;
- Fluent Portuguese and English. Mandarin Chinese is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills and ability establish strong working relationships with business leads.