12 months ago
Our client is a well-known UK headquartered law firm with a strong connection within the financial service industry in the City and globally. Keen to grow and expand the practice as well as being well positioned in post-Brexit times, our client is looking for a future partner lawyer, to be based in Munich, Germany. The firm successfully strengthen their rows of partners with lateral hire from excellent top tier firms, who developed quickly into the equity.
Being an excellent German-qualified lawyer who hits the limits in the current environment, and who wants to expand their capabilities is a good point to start from. Having a deep understanding and several years of experience of finance law from a high-ranked and leading international law firm is a must have for this interesting position.
The firm’s finance department advises well-known national and global companies, financial institutions and governments and offers both the reach and expertise of a global network and a deep understanding of local markets. In Germany, the focus of its advice is on M&A, private equity, finance & banking and real estate transactions.
The ideal profile:
- Fully German-qualified lawyer
- 6+ years of relevant post-qualification experience in the areas of domestic and cross-border financings and restructurings
- You have experience especially in advising national and international financial institutions, debt funds, sponsors and corporate borrowers on leveraged buyouts, unitranche financings, bank/bond financings as well as corporate lending for large- and mid-cap companies. Furthermore, you also have broad experience in advising on complex debt restructurings, out-of-court solutions, insolvency proceedings and distressed M&A transactions
- Strong communication and team skills, as well as professionalism and confident appearance
- Proactive and independent way of working, hands-on mentality and a comprehensive economic understanding
- Fluent in English, further foreign language skills desirable
The appointee will be the individual who most closely meets these requirements and who is keen to accept the challenges offered by this exciting new position.
For more information please reach out to Sven Laacks, email@example.com.