about 1 year ago
Our client, a fast growing and dynamic technology company, is seeking a Legal Director for the LatAm region.
Reporting to the General Counsel abroad, this role will work closely with senior leadership on commercial deals and also develop and implement policies and procedures to support the company’s rapid growth.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Serve as a trusted advisor and provide responsive legal advice to senior business leaders to further the company's business and protect the company's interests;
- Draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements;
- Identify and mitigate risks and causes of the main legal contingencies or exposures;
- Manage a growing LatAm legal team;
- Keep the General Counsel apprised of key LatAm matters;
- Create and implement procedures for contract management, organization, and documentation;
- Advise on regulatory and compliance matter:
- Establish and manage a competitive budget according to the company's business and keep costs controlled.
Qualifications required for this position:
- Law Degree and license to practice law;
- Experience with B2B contracts, compliance and legal experience, tech/startup experience preferred;
- Fluent English (written and spoken), Spanish skills a plus;
- Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to explain complex, challenging issues in a clear manner to all levels of the organization;
- Ability to work collaboratively across LatAm countries and with a global legal team;
- Solid judgment and business acumen, particularly in determining significance of legal issues in context of business goals, assessing risks/benefits and providing business and legal solutions;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on and efficient;
- Strong organizational skills in order to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously;
- Able to work accurately with an appropriate sense of urgency and function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and flexibility.