6 months ago
We arelooking for a professional to provide legal counsel and advice to the corporation and its subsidiaries to ensure their effective operation in accordance with international, country, state, and local laws.
- Provides legal counsel, advice review, and direction on an assigned basis to various departments and members of management on all levels, including Senior Management.
- Acts as primary legal department contact for outside attorney communications on assigned region/projects/issues. Advises members of the legal department with respect to area of expertise.
- Assists legal management in the selection, training, and development of a staff of attorneys and support personnel.
- Monitors and interprets changes to and trends in government and legislative policies at the country, state, local, or international level.
- Determines impact on company, advises Senior Management, and recommends and implements specific company responses. Participates in the planning phase of various company products, services, and projects regarding legal and regulatory concerns.
- Manages the work of outside counsel in contractual matters and matters requiring specialized legal opinion and may act as co-counsel in significant litigation on behalf of the company.
- Decides the appropriateness of either litigating or settling legal issues confronting the company and recommends action to management and personnel.
- Performs complex research on legal issues to maintain compliance with various regulations; provides legal interpretation of laws and regulations; and drafts and reviews legal documents and contracts and reviews proposed transactions.
- Negotiates the settlement of claims and suits against the company and work with other division personnel and outside counsel in the defense of claims and suits.
- Law Degree, Licensed to Practice Law.
- Superior academic record.
- At least sixteen (16) years experience in law firm and/or multinational corporation and demonstrated competence as a practicing attorney in corporate law, contracts, transportation and cross-border transactions.
- Experience in regulatory, property, commercial, civil, finance law strongly preferred.
- Excellent research and writing skills. Strong negotiation, influencing, team building and management, interdisciplinary teamwork, business acumen, prospective risk analysis, change management, networking, emotional intelligence, creativity, learning agility, and communications skills.
- Fluent in English.