9 months ago
Our client, a specialist IP law firm, who has a select group of experienced and specialist IP lawyers and has become one of the most innovative and highly regarded IP litigation and advisory teams in Germany is seeking a Patent Litigation Associate.
Historically strong across a number of sectors, the firm is particularly renowned for its expertise in technology and telecommunications however also has a strong track record for pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and medical devices. Although the firm is based in Düsseldorf it has a global client base and covers a variety of clients from start-ups to multinationals.
Our client is entering a new phase of exciting growth and central to the strategy is its ability to attract and recruit high-calibre lawyers who can evolve with the firm. The firm also emphasises the depth of exposure and the responsibility given to its Associates such as being part of trial teams giving them the platform to make a difference rather than simply ‘co-ordinating’ litigation.
The successful candidates will ideally possess the following:
- German-qualified lawyer
- 2 to 8 years of post-qualification experience (PQE)
- Worked at a reputable German or international law firm with a focus on Patent and IP work
- Experience of handling multi-jurisdictional patent litigation
- Experience of patent litigation across different sectors but with a focus on telecoms and life sciences
- Some experience of non-contentious IP work and soft IP litigation would be preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to develop and cultivate long-term client relationships
- Have a proactive and enterprising personality, keen to embrace challenges and initiatives
- Be a team player, inclusive by nature, with strong principles of trust and respect for others