over 1 year ago
Reporting to the General Counsel and compliance officer for, the Senior Legal Counsel for Mexico will be responsible for all legal, which includes the following:
- Contracts - drafting, review and coordinate signatures of local contracts, including, distribution, supply, services, etc;
- Corporate – drafting, review and coordinate signatures of Amendments to Articles of Association/By-laws, Minutes of Shareholders’ and Board of Directors’ Meetings, keeping books and records of all corporate work of all local legal legal entities and JV partnerships with the support of our external and internal legal counsels;
- Litigation - manage pre-contentious matters and current and future litigation cases of local legal entities and JV partnerships, which will be filed and defended by outsourced law firms;
- IP - coordinate the IP work performed by external lawyers and our LatAm IP Lawyer and our HQ/Global IP team, such as filings of trademarks and patents, drafting and review of technology transfer and license agreements etc;
- Legal Policies & Compliance - implementation of Global and LatAm regional Compliance policies, such as Commercial Policy, ABC and AML, CoI etc., provide training sessions to local employees on Compliance and Legal themes and policies;
- Legal Systems - insert corporate and contrats documents into legal systems;
- Audits - support to internal and external audits – legal matters; and
- JVs and M&A - legal assistance in relation to the POST CLOSING actions related to the M&A deals closed by the LatAm M&A Legal Manager, including - interpretation of our JVs Shareholders Agreements, implementation of post closing corporate and agreements required for the integration of the business.
- Qualified Lawyer in the Mexico (required). Desirable: also be qualified in Miami, Florida Bar or other US State Bar.
- Solid experience (minimum 8+ years, ideally 10+years) in commercial and corporate law; knowledge & experience of in-house work (IP law, commercial litigation and arbitration) – at least 2+ years in-house (ideally);
- Legal budget knowledge;
- Fluent in English and Spanish – Legal terminology is required;
- Strong legal analytical skills (drafting of legal opinions, management of local legal work independently);
- Compliance (anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws) knowledge and training skills; and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure.