about 2 months ago
Our client operates a world-leading cryptocurrency exchange, and it is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel in Mexico to join an international work environment, with great career development opportunities.
- Support the company’s efforts in Mexico, in considering, analyzing and applying for any legal subjects such as local approvals, authorizations or licenses;
- Drive the development and implementation of group legal strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s general business strategy;
- Proactively identify legal problems, solutions, and potential support needed to provide more strategic support to local teams;
- Handle regulatory approvals, authorization and licenses including related analysis and applications;
- Assist in negotiation of contracts for different business lines in the ecosystem, and support in a variety of transactional and corporate governance initiatives;
- Be responsible for drafting and reviewing legal documents and provide holistic risk assessment and suggestions to enhance business value while mitigating downside risk across multiple areas of the company;
- Support the business teams in the launch and development of new products and services - navigating between the commercial and regulatory worlds;
- Provide legal business partner training and counsel non-legal associates to enable stronger legal acumen across the company;
- Be responsible for drafting and reviewing contracts and agreements and provide holistic risk assessment and suggestions to enhance business value while mitigating downside risk;
- Anticipate and maintain up-to-date knowledge of current laws relevant to your own substantive area to provide strategic advice and foster compliance;
- Identify legal framework developments, align and promote consistency of approach in legal matters between the internal stakeholders;
- Take prudent risks within the context of the overall business, and advise and implement solutions to address issues identified.
- Qualified to practice law in Mexico jurisdiction;
- At least 7 years of relevant legal experience at a global law firm, and/or as a corporate counsel at a fast-paced technology company;
- Extensive financial product experience from initiation to launch is ideal;
- Very strong sense of team spirit and cross-functional collaboration;
- Solid legal technical expertise as well as sound business and people judgement sense;
- Hands-on at work and ability to manage complex projects independently;
- Ability to develop relevant and creative solutions to meet current and evolving business needs;
- Excellent legal drafting and interpretation skills;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills;
- Business level English and Spanish, Portuguese is a bonus.