3 months ago
Our client is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure. It provides leading data and insights, trading platforms, and open data and technology platforms that connect a thriving global financial markets community - driving performance in trading, investment, wealth management, regulatory compliance, market data management, enterprise risk and fighting financial crime.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Legal Counsel with a proven record of client service and a practical, problem-solving approach to support our businesses across Latin America based in Brazil.
- Providing a wide range of legal advice and support to the leadership team in Latin America with a focus on the Brazil account management team and business.
- Reviewing, drafting, revising and negotiating agreements with customers, vendors, resellers and other third parties, including data licenses, software and intellectual property licenses, master agreements, term and conditions, nondisclosure agreements, customer software licenses and other complex commercial agreements;
- Researching and responding to general legal inquiries from in-house clients that may relate to litigation, regulatory issues, intellectual property, privacy matters, fraud issues, and consumer complaints;
- Work with the privacy team on developments in privacy laws in Latam and implementation of compliance programs;
- Working on general corporate and intellectual property matters;
- Collaborating with internal and external counsel overseas with respect to international customer agreements;
- Sharing responsibility for maintaining, updating and revising contract template agreements and coordinating translations for the regions and integrating customer contracts of acquired companies;
- Leading compliance initiatives including tracking, advising and implementing processes to ensure continued compliance of the company with the increasing and changing regulatory environment and rolling out ethics and compliance initiatives and training for staff across the regions supported.
- Building and leading litigation strategy and review progress of outstanding litigation. Liaising with and managing external counsel and associated expenses.
- Helping to identify, assess and brief Americas General Counsel on potential and actual risks and legal exposures and take appropriate proactive and remedial measures.
- Advising on employment matters working closely with the Human Resources teams in each region.
- Implementing internal controls, policies and procedures to assure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, corporate policies, ethical standards and oversee adherence to contractual obligations
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 7+ years’ experience in a legal position handling a broad range of commercial law disciplines.
- Exposure to technology, media, financial and telecommunications environments is advantageous.
- Experience advising on developments in privacy laws and general compliance matters is advantageous.
- Must be fluent in Portuguese, English and Spanish.
- Must be qualified to practice in Brazil, and have a law degree from an accredited law school.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong contract negotiation and drafting abilities.
- Outstanding commitment to internal and external customer service.
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong skills to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Sound administrative and time management skills, with sharp attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage projects and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capability to build strong, trusted and effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across different functions and cultures, positively influencing the behavior of multiple stakeholders, and successfully balancing customer interests while maintaining a good legal and fiscal position for the company; judgment, tact and discretion when dealing with people and issues.