over 1 year ago
Our client, a global multinational company, leader in its segment, is seeking a Senior Tax Manager who will be responsible for the compliance of indirect taxes in the manufacturing facility located in Amazonas State.
Previous experience with indirect taxes and (at least) advanced level of English are mandatory.
Background & Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to read, write and speak English in advanced level (fluent English is desirable).
- Good skills on people management.
- Good skills in communication with Tax Authorities and Government organizations.
- This position demands a high energy professional:
-who goes deep in details;
-with a strong sense of urgency and data accuracy;
-with excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
-with a capability of setting priorities and excellent organizational and multitasking skills;
-who enjoys meeting challenging deadlines in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience of at least 4 to 5 years at Big 4 is desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Indirect Taxes area (ICMS, ICMS-ST, IPI, PIS, COFINS, ISS, Withholding Taxes, COMEX).
- Deep knowledge of SAP system is mandatory.
- It is desirable:
- deep knowledge of tax incentives, especially the ones related to Manaus Free Trade Zone;
- previous and relevant experience managing tax affairs in industrial companies in Amazonas State;
- previous and relevant experience managing tax affairs in Amazonas State including managing tax incentives calculation.
Roles & Responsibility
- Overall managing of all tax operations activities related to Indirect Taxes: tax calculation, tax returns, inbound and outbound operations, follow up legislation;
- Supporting all areas in relation to question and processes with tax impact especially Manufacturing, Logistics, Importation, Procurement, Accounting, Finance, Legal.
- Managing and assisting tax inspections whenever necessary;
- Ensuring the tax compliance;
- Preparing and ensuring the accuracy of the tax closing, including tax calculation, payment and submission of tax returns
- Developing and improving efficiency of the tax processes;
- Performing Trend Analysis and reporting it to the Tax Planning team in the Brazilian headquarters;
- Following up any legislation and jurisprudence changes and analyze its applicability.
The company offers an attractive compensation package.