3 months ago
We are looking for a Senior Underwriter, with a focus on tax law. You should be a fully German-qualified lawyer and ideally additionally qualified as a certified tax advisor, with deep understanding of structuring, underwriting and negotiation of tax liability insurance solutions. The position is based in Frankfurt am Main or Munich, Germany.
The company’s underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals. As a Senior Underwriter you will help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including financial lines, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
You will also be responsible for underwriting of tax risks, in relation to M&A transactions, historic or operational tax positions and tax credit arrangements, and development of relationships with tax liability source producers (brokers, lawyers and in-house tax/finance professionals).
The successful applicant should ideally have several years of experience in tax law and be interested in expanding this area further.
- 4 or more years of experience in a tax advisory or tax analysis capacity at a law firm, public accounting firm or in-house.
- Full German-qualified lawyer with an exceptional academic background. Being qualified as a certified tax advisor is a plus.
- No previous insurance or underwriting experience required.
- Ability to analyse a broad variety of tax issues for corporations, partnerships and individuals, including domestic and cross-border transactions, complex tax structures and operational tax issues.
- High competency in understanding complex tax structures, including those relating to M&A transactions and tax credit arrangements.
- Ability to manage challenging workloads, and to prioritize competing needs on time.
- Ability to multitask, and to be decisive on technical underwriting points.
- Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a global team.
- Highly focused, enthusiastic and creative thinker.
- Extremely proficient in drafting of legal and commercial documents; ability to negotiate with commercially and legally sophisticated advisors and clients.
The appointee will be the individual who most closely meets these requirements and who is keen to accept the challenges offered by this exciting position.
For more information, please reach out to Sven Laacks, (firstname.lastname@example.org).