Global policy (if accessing this website from Singapore please click here)
The online service Laurence Simons International Group Limited henceforth known as the Company is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private, and is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
Aggregate Information about The Company's online visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to The Company's websites, for example, which area users access most frequently and which services users access the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users.
To utilise our online Job Alerts Service, you will be required to register with us. Your e-mail address will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry and/or industry news via Job Alerts.
Of course, should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information; you can simply log-on and change your job alert preferences.
Curriculum vitae ("CV")
We give you the option of submitting your CV via this website. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up. Your CV will be e-mailed directly to our recruitment consultants who review your details and enter them onto our central in-house database. This database, including the information relating to you, can be accessed by any of our recruitment consultants working in The Company.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We have the right to charge a small fee for this service. If you would like to make a request for information, please contact email@example.com. You also have the right to ask The Company to stop using your information.
Your CV will be sent to prospective employers but only where you give your consent.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Your personal details, including your name, e-mail address and CV, are held and used by us for the following purposes:
- For matching your coded details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding you the position that most suits you;
- For keeping you informed of Company services, news and wider developments in your chosen field;
- For compiling salary and other surveys of our candidates. It is possible that The Company could merge or be acquired by another business. If this happens, we may share the information that relates to you with the new owners of the business and their advisers. You will be sent notice of such an event. Other than in these circumstances, we do not and will not disclose your information to third parties without your consent.
We may also release information relating to you to regulatory or law enforcement authorities, if required to do so. We also reserve the right to disclose the information we have collected about you to our professional advisors and to other persons to the extent that The Company contracts out any aspect of the operation of its recruitment agency services. These third parties will be acting under similar undertakings of confidentiality as The Company.
The Data Protection Act 1998
The information that you give us, including your CV and e-mail address, is termed "personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. We must therefore follow the principles set out in that Act when we process your personal data. All the personal data that we obtain from you is held on our central in-house database. Laurence Simons International Group Limited is a "data controller" for the purposes of the Data Protection Act.
Please note that clicking on to links and banner advertisements may result in your transferal to another website, where data privacy practices may be different to that of The Company. Visitors should consult the other websites' privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Whilst The Company uses reasonable care in compiling and presenting the information found on this website, it is provided purely for information and you should seek further guidance and make independent enquiries before relying upon it.
The information included in this website has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change without notice.
The Company makes no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the completeness, accuracy, currency, adequacy, suitability or operation of this website, or of the information it contains nor makes any such warranty in respect of any information carried on any website operated by a third party which may be accessed from this website, nor that the information on this or any third party website has in any way been verified by The Company.
All information contained on this website is provided on an "as is" basis. The Company assumes no responsibility for information contained in this site and disclaims all liability arising from negligence or otherwise in respect of such information.
The Company makes no representation in respect of the existence or availability of any appointment advertised on this site.
The Company does not guarantee that any employer or client will ask for a candidate's information, ask to interview a candidate or hire a candidate, or that any candidates will be available or will meet the needs of any employer or client.
The Company cannot guarantee that any employer or client will keep confidential any candidate information or data provided to the employer or client.
The Company makes no representation or warranty as to the final terms and duration of any appointment obtained through this website.
By using this website you assume the risk that the information on this website may be incomplete, inaccurate, out of date or may not meet your requirements.
This website was created in England. Any interpretation of its content, claims or disputes (of whatever nature and not limited to contractual issues) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts under English law.
This website has been created for and on behalf of Laurence Simons. All copyright is the property of Laurence Simons and any unauthorised reproduction is prohibited. Unauthorised use of Laurence Simons trade marks, trade names and logos is prohibited. Content is for your personal use only, subject to terms & conditions. No redistribution of material is allowed.
Terms & Conditions
All candidates are supplied subject to terms and conditions, which are available on request. For full details contact:
Laurence Simons, 322 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7PB
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7645 8500
Laurence Simons, International Legal and Compliance Recruitment, is a division of Marks Sattin (Singapore) Pte Ltd Recruitment License Number: 09C3453
Marks Sattin (Singapore) Pte Ltd is committed to ensuring that your personal information is handled responsibly, in accordance with the Privacy laws, including the SGP Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) http://www.pdpc.gov.sg/personal-data-protection-act/overview
1. The type of personal information we collect and hold
The personal information we collect is personal information related to the practice of recruitment including:
- the personal information of candidates and contractors collected in the course of the recruitment and management process including information collected and recorded from the practice of reference checking
- all personal information that is normally required to be transferred between an employee and an employer in the context of an employment relationship, including but not limited to personal identification number and banking details.
- We only seek to collect sensitive information when it is necessary for a client assignment. In such cases, we would only do so with the consent of the candidate or contractor, or if required by law or if necessary in connection with a legal or equitable claim.
2. Our purposes for collecting personal information
We collect the personal information of candidates or contractors to provide clients with:
- a comprehensive understanding of their skills and experience
- an independent verification of their skills and experience
- an assessment of their suitability for a position we are seeking to fill on the client's behalf.
3. Our purposes for holding personal information
We generally hold personal information of candidates or contractors for the following purposes:
- the production of an assessment for a client for a position we are seeking to fill on their behalf
- an assessment of suitability for a position that may become available in the future
- industry research and analysis.
4. How we collect personal information
We obtain most of the personal information we collect about candidates or contractors from them directly. Normally, when they apply for a position we are seeking to fill on behalf of a client, they will provide to us a resume of their skills and experience.
We may also seek personal information from the referees they provide or from other persons who are known to them.
Sometimes, we may ask to collect particular personal information about a candidate or contractor from third parties other than referees. Unless we have already done so, when or before we collect such information, we will take reasonable steps to inform you of:
- the purposes for which the information is collected
- where applicable, any law requiring the information to be collected
- the main consequences if all or part of the information is not provided.
Generally, we will only collect sensitive information about a candidate or contractor, such as information relating to their health, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs and membership of unions or professional associations, with their prior consent.
5. How we hold personal information
Generally, we hold the personal information of a candidate or contractor in a combination of computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records. These facilities and records are located at: 3 Phillip Street #09-04, Royal Group Building, Singapore, 048693.
Through physical and technological security measures, combined with its employment policy, Marks Sattin, endeavours to provide thorough protection for all personal information it holds, from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
6. How we use and disclose personal information
Obtaining your consent to disclose
Sometimes we will ask candidates and contractors to consent to a disclosure or use of their personal information to clients. We may do so in writing, over the phone, or on our website. At other times, where they have indicated to us that they wish to be considered for positions generally or within certain parameters, their consent will be taken as given.
We may collect, use and/or disclose (as the case may be) personal information without consent only in the circumstances and subject to the conditions specified in the PDPA, including but not limited to where:
- the collection, use or disclosure is necessary for any purpose which is clearly in the interests of the candidate, contractor or other individual, if consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- the collection or use is necessary for any purpose which is clearly in the interests of the candidate, contractor or other individual, and such person would not reasonably be expected to withhold consent
- the collection, use or disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of a candidate, contractor or other individual
- we have reasonable grounds to believe that the health or safety of the candidate, contractor or other individual will be seriously affected and consent for the disclosure of the data cannot be obtained in a timely way (provided that we shall, as soon as may be practicable, notify the candidate, contractor or other individual whose personal data is disclosed of the disclosure and the purposes of the disclosure)
- the personal data is publicly available
- the collection (if it is reasonable to expect that seeking the consent of the candidate, contractor or other individual would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the personal data), use or disclosure is necessary in the national interest or for any investigation or proceedings
- the disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest
- the collection, use or disclosure is necessary for evaluative purposes
- the collection, use or disclosure is necessary for us to recover a debt owed by a candidate, contractor or other individual to us or for us to pay to a candidate, contractor or other individual a debt owed by us
- the collection, use or disclosure is necessary for us to obtain legal services
- the personal data is disclosed to any officer of a prescribed law enforcement agency, upon production of written authorisation signed by the head or director of that law enforcement agency or a person of a similar rank, certifying that the personal data is necessary for the purposes of the functions or duties of the officer
- the disclosure is for the purpose of contacting the next of kin or a friend of any injured, ill or deceased candidate, contractor or other individual
- the personal data:
+ is collected from, or disclosed to, a party or prospective party to a business asset transaction with us (and such personal data must be necessary for us or the other party to determine (as the case may be) whether to proceed with the business asset transaction);
+ is about an employee, customer, director, officer or shareholder of ours; and
+ relates directly to the part of our organisation or our business assets with which the business asset transaction is concerned, subject to our compliance with various obligations specified in the PDPA, including our obligation to notify the candidate, contractor or other individual whose personal data has been disclosed of the completion of the business transaction and the personal data that has been disclosed
- subject to the conditions specified in the PDPA, the disclosure is for a research purpose, including historical or statistical research;
- the disclosure is for archival or historical purposes if a reasonable person would not consider the personal data to be too sensitive to the candidate, contractor or other individual to be disclosed at the proposed time
- the personal data was disclosed by a public agency, and our collection is consistent with the purpose of the disclosure by the public agency
- we are authorised or required by law to do so (e.g. where the information is required by bodies regulating us or in response to subpoenas or warrants)
- we have contracted an external organisation to provide support services and that organisation has agreed to conform to our privacy standards, subject to the PDPA.
Disclosing your personal information to others
We do not disclose the personal information of candidates or contractors to others, except where it is:
- to a company or other entity related to us
- to organisations which provide services (such as psychometric testing) to us
- with the consent of the candidate or contractor or such consent may be presumed (as defined above)
- necessary to do so in order to advance the interests of a candidate with a client
- required by law.
7. How to obtain access and for correction of information
A candidate or contractor who requests access to the personal information we hold about them can obtain it by making an application for access in writing to our Managing Director. If the granting of access results in the identification of information that is not accurate, complete or upto-date, generally, we will make corrections to the information.
We will respond to the request as quickly as possible, but not more than 14 days after the request has been received.
Marks Sattin does not charge for this service at this stage.
8. How to make complaints
If you have a complaint about how we are handling your personal information, you should direct that complaint to our Director on +65 6590 9150. We will respond to you as quickly as possible but not more than 28 days after the complaint has been received.